Get ready to salivate all over your computer keyboard! As February winds down our winter months (especially in LA, it's 78 degrees...do we even have a winter??) you may be reluctant to put away that crockpot. To this I say: good! Don't do that. Keep that crock pot out, and get ready to make one of the most delicious meals you'll have all winter.
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole
(I didn't say it would be low calorie...)
Over the last few months I've enjoyed a lot of soups and stews. To break up the monotony I'd like to get back to some good hearty pasta dishes. And it just so happens Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole fits the bill!
Here's what you'll need:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 15 oz Jars of Alfredo sauce ( I really like Bertoli brand)
1 cup of water
1 Tablespoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
16 oz penne
3 cups of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ cup parmesan cheese
chopped parsley (optional)
Here's how you do it:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, water, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Stir in the penne pasta until evenly coated.
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with non stick spray.
- Place half the penne and alfredo mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place half the chicken on top.
- Top with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and an ⅛ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Layer the remaining penne mixture, then the remaining chicken, another cup of mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Remove the lid and top with another cup of mozzarella cheese.
- After it melts. Sprinkle with some parsley (optional) and serve.
This recipe brought to you by eatingonadime.com.